MINDFULNESS + BREATHWORK FOR SLEEPING
It’s mental health awareness month, and we have noticed that one thing that has helped us to live a little bit more present is Mindfulness (and you can even do it before you go to sleep, if you have insomnia this is a game changer)
How to be mindful? The art of mindfulness
- Breathe in. Breathe out. Feel the flow of the breath
- Pay attention to all your senses. For example: Notice the taste and texture of food.
- Empty the mind. Take a few moments to be still.
- As soon as the mind wanders, bring it back to your breath.
- Practice non-judgmental listening.
- Be aware of every daily activity (Driving, texting, cleaning, etc) Did you know that focusing on doing the dishes is one way of meditating? It’s an easy way to fit meditation in to your daily routine.
- Go outdoors. Walk around in nature.
- Forgive yourself for every negative thought.
- Be grateful. Say thank you to nature, people, and things.
- Go easy on yourself. Progress takes time.
Here’s a meditation routine to do at bed time!