The holidays are here! In partnership with our friends at Marjani Beauty, we’ve put together a beauty edit of hair and make-up looks for your fave holiday occasions.
For these versatile and cute styles, you will require your fave leave-in conditioner and styling foam, the Keep It Tight Styling Clips, and your Watermelon Dreams Oil! All styles must be done on freshly washed hair and will last you for a week if done correctly.
Deck the Dance Halls
Bright lights in the city’s got nothing on you (we love a good pop mashup)! The holidays always bring a reunion with your closest friends, whether it be for a night out on the town or a simple holiday soireé at someone’s house. Sparkle & shine as you celebrate with your tribe – try these fierce Bantu knots and a statement look to boot.
Hair Inspo/Image: Melissa Butler via The Lip Bar’s Blog
Get it right and tight:
- Divide your hair into 4 sections, this is where the Keep it Tight styling clips will come in handy, and apply your leave-in one section at a time. You can blow dry your hair to get a longer look, but you will find that you have a better definition when you allow your hair to dry about 50-70% before setting.
- How many Bantu knots you want to put in is completely up to you, but the smaller the Bantu knot the more defined your curls will be. Breaking each of your sections down into 4 Bantu knots is usually the easiest way to go. Do not worry about perfect parts, they will cause your hair to look sectioned off once you take out your braids.
- Starting from the back, take the amount of hair that you want for your Bantu knot and fully saturate your section with your styling foam.
- Let's get to twisting! Get as close to your scalp as possible and start twisting your hair. Try to maintain the same grip as you are twisting down to prevent the twist from becoming loose.
- When your twist is complete, twist it around your fingers to get your twist as tight as possible. Then start wrapping your twist around until it forms a Bantu knot. If you want, you can use a hair rubber band to secure it.
- Once you have all your Bantu knots in, let your hair air dry for at least 24 hrs, it may take up to 2 days for some people. If you want to take out them the same day, use a hooded dryer to speed up the process.
- Before you take down your Bantu knots make sure your hair is 100% DRY. Gently unravel your hair while using Watermelon Dreams to reduce frizz causing friction.
- Separate your hair, then fluff using our Bamboo hair picks to give your hair some VOLUME!
The category is Bold & Beautiful! This look includes a statement lip and show-stopping chrome eyeshadow that can also be used as a blush. Check out the links below to get the whole look!
Achieve the look:
- Face Card:
- Razzle Dazzle:
- Danessa Myricks Infinite Chrome Holiday Kit in All Access (can be used as a shadow and blush)
- Spilling the Tea:
- The Glamatory Lip Potions Liquid Matte Lipstick in JEM
- Set it off:
- Danessa Myricks Set It Forever Mist